Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Depressed and Pregnant

Yesterday there was a new study they were reporting on the news that confused me. They were talking about the risks of having a miscarriage. Apparently, every time someone gets pregnant, there's a 20% chance they'll have a miscarriage. The new study that came out carried this flabbergasting statement: taking anti-depressants while pregnant cane lead to a higher risk of a miscarriage. When taking anti-depressants, the probability of a miscarriage goes up over 10%! Wait...what? Why in the hell would you be taking prescription drugs when your pregnant? Better yet, why would you take ANY kind of drug when your pregnant? Your fetus is NOT depressed! It doesn't need anti-depressants! I mean, I don't know much about depression cause I'm not depressed. But if you really NEED to take medication, and it's a question of life or death, then how about you don't poison an innocent person and doom them to live with disabilities their entire life. I cannot think of anything more selfish than a person who abuses their body during pregnancy. Like, people who smoke pregnant. Okay, I understand. I used to smoke and I know that when you're a smoker you are actually addicted. But being pregnant doesn't last forever. If you can't do something that important for your child for a limited amount of time, what kind of parent are you going to be anyway? And, excuse me for saying this but if you're so depressed that you're in need of drugs to aid you through everyday life...why are you having kids? Cause it's obviously gonna be an awesome life for them? Having kids is stressful, especially babies who cry all day and night and you're...depressed. Sounds like a match made in heaven. And people are so appalled when they hear a mother killing all her kids or something. I think that there are just some people who should never, EVER have kids. If your gonna teach your kids to hate a certain group of people, commit crimes and join your parents in the KKK...your shouldn't have kids. If you're a known child molester then you shouldn't even have to option to have kids. If your abusive, incredibly ignorant and vile...DON'T have kids! I feel so bad for the people who come out and say that they were abused or molested and it's messed them up forever...I just could never have a child unless I knew that I had at least SOME means of taking care of them, not just the bare necessities. I want them to be able to say- I wanna do karate! and I'll have to funds to do it. Why have a baby when you know the life you'll give them will be shit? But, it's a Catch-22. There are some people who acheive greatness because there were forced to go to such dark places in their life...but usually those people are strange and damaged. But still, if unfit parents never had their kids there would be no Michael Jackson or Marvin Gaye. But when your kid comes out all deformed, I bet those Moms would have wished they had just taken a break from their vices.

No comments:

Post a Comment