Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Jealous Much?

Being a girl, one of the worst things that you have to go through is the jealousy of others. And no, it's not really conceded to say other people are jealous of you, because when people act a certain way towards you there's no other explanation. Unfortunately for me, my family moved around alot during middle and high school, so constantly having to meet new groups of girls was agony. Why is it that girls treat each other so poorly? Guys don't really...and if they find out the other isn't as bad as they thought, they're cool. With girls, you can have a "good" friend for years and she'll kick you while you're down the first chance she gets. I feel like the greatest and ongoing challenge of my life is finding girls who are genuinely nice. So, let me just share to you some times when I've had to come across stupid jealousy!

I moved and had to switch schools during the end of middle school, which I was not happy about. Well, at least our house was alot bigger, but still. I was miserable since all of my friends lived on the other side of town going to a school I couldn't go to. When I first moved, it was just before the school year and I actually became friends with a group of kids that all lived on my new street. So when I found out one of my new friends was going to be in the same school and grade as me, I felt a little bit more relieved. But of course, once school came around, everything changed.
Turns out my new friend was a popularity whore, and she finally got a taste of it when she befriended another girl in her class. We still hung out, but I knew her friend didn't like me, though I never knew why. Eventually I made friends in my class and me and her didn't hang out as much. And then not at all. Then, it came to the point where she and her new friend were constantly ridiculing me in the hallways, and I later found out that they had even started a hate club against me. They spread rumours around that I was a huge slut who liked to touch myself in public among other things. The entire time, I decided to take the high road, since I was confused and shy and new, so I didn't have any balls to defend myself. The reason? Once I started school, apparently a bunch of their guy friends though I was hot, which made them not like me. Then, one of the girls had a crush on a boy at school, and when she let him know, he rejected her by telling her that he actually liked me! So I went through all of that shit for basically nothing. That's girls for you.

In highschool, there was a bunch of girls that would always be together, and unbeknownst to me, all shared a common interest in my boyfriend. One of the more fanatic girls came up to me one day and said, "Who's that guy that you're always with? He's really hot!"
Me: "That's my boyfriend."
Her: "Oh, I didn't know he was going out with anyone. He's so cute."
Me: "Yup, he's going out with me. Sorry."
Then I walked away. Well, after that, she and her friends decided to do the most sensible thing: try even harder to constantly talk and flirt with my boyfriend. And she didn't even cease when I was there! We walked through the hall together one day and all we hear behind us is her calling out his name desperately. He took one look and said, "Am I supposed to know her?" She even had the balls to go up to him later and ask, "Why don't you say hi to me?" She didn't even know him! But of course, that didn't stop her from giving me dirty looks and having her friends come after me and try heckling me in the hallway. While I was lost looking for my class. I got so frustrated with them following behind me and giggling together, that I turned around and yelled, "What the fuck do you want?" and they ran away. It was very immature and didn't really faze me, but it's still a good example of how girls will go through any lengths to be jealous! But, I kinda got the last laugh, cause one of her nicer friends came up to me and told me how she thought I was very nice and pretty and how she had nothing against me, right infront of her bitch friend. The look on her face was priceless!

I know alot of girls have similar stories where girls will try and sabotage their lives, and trust me, I've lost a couple of friends because of it. But, if I could have talked to myself before I went to that first day of a new middle school, I'd tell myself not to worry. Because, when someone is spending their time thinking hateful things about you, you should be proud! If you know you did nothing wrong, then the only explanation is something about you caught their attention hard, and they hate you because they find you vexingly superior in some way, even if they don't want to admit it. And, if you've never had qualms with them until they started harassing you, then automatically you are bigger than them. They mean nothing to you, and you mean hours upon hours of intrusive thoughts in their brains. When you get famous, you may gain 100 fans, but you'll also have to deal with 1000 haters. So, brush it off, hold your head high and ignore it! Just do you, and don't let anyone tell you you're weird. Because honestly, being weird is alot better and funner than being like anyone else. Those girls in highschool will always be unsatisfied with their lives, because there is always someone in the world who has something you may not. Don't spend any of your precious time on this Earth questioning or judging yourself. I live by the meaning of my name: God is my only judge. And although I don't believe in God, it means, to me, that I don't care about anyone judging me, and I live for myself. You should too.

1 comment:

  1. "So, brush it off, hold your head high and ignore it! Just do you, and don't let anyone tell you you're weird. Because honestly, being weird is alot better and funner than being like anyone else. " Serious Enough Said. -R

    ReplyDelete