Friday, June 18, 2010

I'm So Happy I Could KILL!

Why is it that whenever there are crazy raids and vandalism it's all people who are extremely happy? I always thought you were inticed to be violent because of anger, not pride. I didn't know looting and setting things on fire was a validating act of triumph. However, this is the case.

In New York every year, they have a popular Auto Show that ALWAYS ends with people getting shot in the streets. Why? Does seeing nice cars and models in bikinis anger people? Is it because they are men and are jealous they don't have a sweet ride? I mean, two sweet rides; the car and the girl? Are the citizens of New York just modernized cowboys? Shooting their guns in the air screaming, "Yee-haw! I just done and saw myself an Aston Martin!"

Sports fans! Oh, sports fans. They are sooo happy when their teams win. Like, genuinely happy, as if they themselves have accomplished something. And, of course, what do you do when you feel you've just made the greatest accomplishment? Break store windows and steal things, obviously! I thought looters were either desperate, bad or protesting. I guess going home from the bar after such a big win isn't that appealing. I'm so happy, I feel invincible! Let's steal some shit! ...I still don't get it. If anyone could explain this to me I'd appreciate it.

Seriously though, if someone came up to you and told you you just won $1 million, would you punch them in the face? Would you run to their house and steal their T.V.? Sometimes I believe if you're more of an intellectual, you will NEVER understand the things stupid people do. You just can't undermine your brain like that. It doesn't let you. Oh well. I tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment